My First Ever Blog Post!
Welcome to...my Blog!
A year and a half ago I took a leap of faith and launched my own professional organizing company, Simplify and Smile. (That’s a lot to type, so let’s go with S&S from here on out.) I distinctly remember saying to myself in the beginning, “I’m never doing some silly blog for my business... blogging is ridiculous.”
Well, I learned a lot this year, of the first things being that blogging is a great idea all around.
Blogging for Simplify and Smile
Okay, I finally own up that blogging for my small business is really important for a few cool reasons:
1. It gives me a place to direct people who ask me about very specific areas or topics. I’m always happy to share tips and tricks with those who ask, and this allows me to provide a great set of resources for clients- both potential clients looking to learn about what I do, and current/past clients who want to maintain the organized lifestyle that we’ve started together.
2. It’s a place where I can showcase organizing stories and victories of my clients, because who doesn’t love a good before and after?
3. Bonus reason number three is a little bit just for me. Since this is my organizing world and you’re just living in it, this also serves as my entrepreneur diary: a place to express my thoughts, show my experiences, and share my organizing with the world.
So here I am, one year and one blog post in! If you’re reading this, you’ve probably (hopefully!) thought for just a second about putting your trust in me when it comes to organizing, so thank you!
Your support means a lot and I learn and grow every day— because of you.
Why I started S&S
Is anyone else that person told by everyone you should start your own business? I was. Have been for awhile, really, but I denied it. Be my own boss? Sounds like a terrible idea! But y’all were actually right. Once it got down to it, starting S&S was always my destiny.
1. Entrepreneur life is amazing. I love creating my own schedule and hours, having no bosses or corporate hierarchy to answer to, and especially knowing that everything I accomplish goes right back into my S&S baby!
2. I love organizing. I always have. I think if I went into why right now the post would get too long, and it’s already starting to, so that needs to be its own blog post. I will say, however, that all of the photos you see in this post are of my own spaces, as I’m a firm believer in “practice what you preach.”
3. I love helping people. When I know I’ve made a difference in someone’s home that positively affects their everyday life, it’s so rewarding. I love making people smile by helping get their lives a little more organized and a little less cluttered.
Please comment and let me know what you thought of my *very first* blog post and what other type of content you might be interested in hearing about.
Talk to you soon, and don’t forget… nothing ever really belongs on the floor. :)